Officials launch immigration raid at O'Hare Airport
By Eric Herman
Ore. immigration raid nabs more than 165 at food processing plant
The ICE cracks down on Nev. McDonald's employees
CHICAGO, Ill. — Federal and local authorities launched an early-morning immigration raid at O’Hare Airport today, officials said.
The raid, which began at 4:45 a.m., targeted illegal immigrants with false identification who were being allowed to load cargo onto airplanes, sources said.
The raid included agents from Immigration and Customs Enforcement — a division of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security known as ICE — as well as Cook County sheriff’s deputies, sources said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds