Cocaine seized at Vienna airport
VIENNA, Austria — Police at Vienna's Schwechat International Airport say they have seized more than 2 pounds of cocaine with an estimated street value of $3 million.
Authorities say the drugs were intercepted on Jan. 17 and that three suspects -- two men and a woman from the Dominican Republic -- were arrested. Investigators kept the case quiet until Tuesday's announcement.
Police say the cocaine was stashed in bottles and containers.
Authorities say the arrests point to a lucrative narcotics trade in Austria.
They say that since 2006, nearly 200 pounds of cocaine worth $138 million have been smuggled into Austria.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court