Foiled Mich. plane attack 'not part of larger plot'
ROMULUS, Mich. — Prosecutors want to get DNA samples from a man who is accused of plotting to blow up a flight carrying 300 passengers on Christmas Day.
The suspect, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, is not expected to be at a court hearing in Detroit, Michigan, on Monday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds