Pa. officers struck by stolen car at traffic stop
Both are in good condition; one officer fired, hitting suspect in leg
By Robert Moran
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — Two Highway Patrol officers were injured last night when they were struck by a stolen car they had stopped in North Philadelphia, police said.
The two officers and two from the 22d Police District stopped the car about 9:45 p.m. at 16th and Oxford Streets, just south of Temple University, said Lt. Frank Vanore, a police spokesman.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms