Two arrested for shining laser at Chicago police helicopter
Beam was aimed at a commercial flight at Chicago's Midway Airport and again at a police helicopter that responded
CHICAGO — Charges were pending against two people suspected of aiming a laser beam at a police helicopter and commercial aircraft, authorities in Chicago said.
Police said they received a report of a laser beam aimed at a commercial flight at Chicago's Midway Airport Thursday evening and when a police helicopter was sent to check, the beam was aimed at it as well, the Chicago Tribune reported Friday.
Police said a 23-year-old man and a 21-year-old woman were arrested about five miles east of the airport.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests