TSA groping suspect cites childhood abduction
Police said 61-year-old Miyamae grabbed an agent's breast
BOULDER, Colo. — The Colorado woman accused of groping a female Transportation Security Administration agent at Phoenix's airport says she was abducted as a child and remains afraid of being touched by strangers.
Yukari Miyamae told KGNU radio in Boulder, Colo., that she was abducted at age 7 for several hours when she lived in Japan.
Police said 61-year-old Miyamae grabbed an agent's breast after the TSA says she refused to go through passenger screening.
Prosecutors have decided not to file felony charges against Miyamae.
The Daily Camera in Boulder reports Miyamae says she accidently touched the agent's breast when she tried to prevent a pat down search.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform