TSA groping suspect cites childhood abduction
Police said 61-year-old Miyamae grabbed an agent's breast
BOULDER, Colo. — The Colorado woman accused of groping a female Transportation Security Administration agent at Phoenix's airport says she was abducted as a child and remains afraid of being touched by strangers.
Yukari Miyamae told KGNU radio in Boulder, Colo., that she was abducted at age 7 for several hours when she lived in Japan.
Police said 61-year-old Miyamae grabbed an agent's breast after the TSA says she refused to go through passenger screening.
Prosecutors have decided not to file felony charges against Miyamae.
The Daily Camera in Boulder reports Miyamae says she accidently touched the agent's breast when she tried to prevent a pat down search.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds