NY cops act drunk to catch gadget thieves
Decoy officers will try to curb thefts on trains by pretending to be intoxicated
By Larry Celona
The New York Post
NEW YORK — The NYPD will soon flood the subway system with dozens of additional decoy officers in an attempt to stem the 16 percent increase the city has seen thus far this year in thefts on trains, The Post has learned.
The exact number of officers being dispatched wasn't revealed, but the backup is expected to more than double the number of cops currently conducting the stealthy underground operations, sources said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NY cops act drunk to catch gadget thieves
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation