Chicago mayor lauds new cameras at CTA rail stations
Extra security cameras Mayor Rahm Emanuel this summer vowed to install are now installed, six weeks ahead of schedule
By Kin Janssen
They helped snare the alleged Indian Head Park murderer, two other accused killers and 44 other suspects since June.
Now the 1,800 extra security cameras Mayor Rahm Emanuel this summer vowed to install at CTA rail stations are all in place - six weeks ahead of schedule, the mayor announced Monday as he gave his administration a big pat on the back.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help