Chicago mayor lauds new cameras at CTA rail stations
Extra security cameras Mayor Rahm Emanuel this summer vowed to install are now installed, six weeks ahead of schedule
By Kin Janssen
They helped snare the alleged Indian Head Park murderer, two other accused killers and 44 other suspects since June.
Now the 1,800 extra security cameras Mayor Rahm Emanuel this summer vowed to install at CTA rail stations are all in place - six weeks ahead of schedule, the mayor announced Monday as he gave his administration a big pat on the back.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert