Ill. cop fired for living outside city limits — for 15 years
City Hall has fired Marvin Ditkowsky, an 87-year-old Department of Aviation police officer at O'Hare Airport
By Tim Novak and Chris Fusco
CHICAGO — City Hall has fired Marvin Ditkowsky, an 87-year-old Department of Aviation police officer at O'Hare Airport, for violating the city's residency ordinance — for the past 15 years.
In August, a Chicago Sun-Times reporter found Ditkowsky living in Norridge, just across the street from Chicago's city limits.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend