Crackdown at Seattle festival nets 100 boating-under-the-influence arrests
Thr Associated Press
SEATTLE- A large-scale crackdown during the city's weekend Seafair summer festival led to nearly 100 arrests for BUI - boating under the influence.
"Multiagency efforts aren't a new thing, but this year we've really put an emphasis on BUIs," police Officer Debra Brown said.
There were 49 BUI arrests during last year's Seafair and just 12 in 2004.
"We don't believe that it's more intoxicated boaters on the water but the combined efforts of law enforcement," State Patrol Lt. Jeffrey R. Sass said.
On the Net:
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy