Police: Ore. man strips in airport screen protest
Man "disrobed completely naked" while going through a security screening area
PORTLAND, Ore. — Port of Portland police say a 49-year-old man stripped naked at Portland International Airport as a protest against airport security screeners.
The incident report said John E. Brennan's actions Tuesday evening caused some passengers to cover their eyes and their children's eyes while others looked, laughed and took photos. Two screening lanes were temporarily closed.
Police say the Portland man was arrested for investigation of indecent exposure and disorderly conduct.
The Oregonian reports the Port of Portland summary said Brennan "disrobed completely naked" while going through a security screening area.
He later told authorities he flies often and "disrobed as a form of protest against TSA (Transportation Security Administration) screeners he felt were harassing him."
He missed his flight to San Jose, Calif.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Bizarre Beat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police