Police: Ore. man strips in airport screen protest
Man "disrobed completely naked" while going through a security screening area
PORTLAND, Ore. — Port of Portland police say a 49-year-old man stripped naked at Portland International Airport as a protest against airport security screeners.
The incident report said John E. Brennan's actions Tuesday evening caused some passengers to cover their eyes and their children's eyes while others looked, laughed and took photos. Two screening lanes were temporarily closed.
Police say the Portland man was arrested for investigation of indecent exposure and disorderly conduct.
The Oregonian reports the Port of Portland summary said Brennan "disrobed completely naked" while going through a security screening area.
He later told authorities he flies often and "disrobed as a form of protest against TSA (Transportation Security Administration) screeners he felt were harassing him."
He missed his flight to San Jose, Calif.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department