SC cops honored for saving man's life
The officers administered CPR and were able to revive the man and keep him breathing until emergency medical workers arrived and took him to a local hospital
LAVONIA. S.C. — Two Lavonia police officers are the recipients of one of the department's highest honors.
At Monday's city council meeting, Police Chief Bruce Carlisle presented a special commendation and medals to officers Sheldon Mayfield and Blake Andrews for their part in saving the life of a man last month.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: SC cops honored for saving man's life
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house