SC cops honored for saving man's life
The officers administered CPR and were able to revive the man and keep him breathing until emergency medical workers arrived and took him to a local hospital
LAVONIA. S.C. — Two Lavonia police officers are the recipients of one of the department's highest honors.
At Monday's city council meeting, Police Chief Bruce Carlisle presented a special commendation and medals to officers Sheldon Mayfield and Blake Andrews for their part in saving the life of a man last month.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: SC cops honored for saving man's life
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests