Friends give recovering W.Va. patrolman strength
Jimmy Lee, 26, is back on his feet since being struck by a vehicle last year
By Ashley B. Craig
Charleston (W.Va.) Daily Mail
Nitro Patrolman Jimmy Lee knows he is lucky to be alive. He also knows he has a long road of recovery ahead.
Jimmy, 26, remembers having lunch at Cracker Barrel with Patrolman Ray Blake on Thanksgiving Day, but everything else is a blank until about Christmas Eve.
He was directing traffic around a disabled vehicle on Cross Lanes Drive about 5:30 p.m. Nov. 24 when he was struck by a Ford Escape. Jimmy, who had been on the force about one year, was thrown several yards.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Friends give recovering W.Va. patrolman strength
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman