Md. trooper recovering after hit by truck on dash cam
Md. State Police trooper was hit by a tractor-trailer while writing ticket
HAGERSTOWN, Md. — Maryland State Police say a trooper is recovering from being hit by a tractor-trailer as he stood along Interstate 70 near Hagerstown.
A spokesman said Friday that Trooper David Avila (ah-VEE'-lah) suffered shoulder, back and leg injuries. The agency posted a dashboard video clip of the June 14 incident on YouTube Friday to publicize a state law requiring drivers to give stopped emergency vehicles an extra lane of space.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house