Sheriff: No floss for inmates
A Florida sheriff said he will not give in on the issue, despite four lawsuits from inmates who want floss to be available in the jail commissary
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — A Florida sheriff said jail inmates will not be supplied with dental floss, despite four lawsuits filed by inmates.
Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said he will not give in on the issue, despite four lawsuits from inmates who want floss to be available in the jail commissary and are seeking damages for "pain and suffering," the South Florida Sun Sentinel reported Thursday.
"I don't care if they file 400 suits, they're not getting it," Bradshaw said. "You're not the mayor. This isn't the Ritz-Carlton."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Sheriff: No floss for inmates
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house