Philly officer struck by drunk driver
The officer was released from the hospital after suffering head pain, the suspect was arrested
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — A Philadelphia police officer stepping out of her patrol car early Sunday morning was hit by a drunk driver, police said.
A member of the traffic unit, the officer was at the intersection of Roosevelt Boulevard and Large Street in Oxford Circle just before 1:30 a.m. when she was knocked to the ground by a motorist who hit the back of her car, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Philly officer struck by drunk driver
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds