Philly officer struck by drunk driver
The officer was released from the hospital after suffering head pain, the suspect was arrested
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — A Philadelphia police officer stepping out of her patrol car early Sunday morning was hit by a drunk driver, police said.
A member of the traffic unit, the officer was at the intersection of Roosevelt Boulevard and Large Street in Oxford Circle just before 1:30 a.m. when she was knocked to the ground by a motorist who hit the back of her car, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Philly officer struck by drunk driver
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic