NJ officer, suspect wounded in shooting
The officer was shot in the knee during a struggle, but is expected to make a full recovery
By Darran Simon
The Philadelphia Inquirer
DELCANO, N.J. — A police officer and a 21-year-old man were wounded in a shooting during a struggle early Tuesday in Delanco.
Patrolman Francisco Ambrifi, 40, responded to a 911 call from a resident of the 400 block of Delaware Avenue about a man causing a disturbance on the street shortly before 4 a.m. The officer encountered a man who was "behaving in a disorderly fashion" and who "failed to comply with officer's orders," and a struggle followed.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NJ officer, suspect wounded in shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests