NJ officer, suspect wounded in shooting
The officer was shot in the knee during a struggle, but is expected to make a full recovery
By Darran Simon
The Philadelphia Inquirer
DELCANO, N.J. — A police officer and a 21-year-old man were wounded in a shooting during a struggle early Tuesday in Delanco.
Patrolman Francisco Ambrifi, 40, responded to a 911 call from a resident of the 400 block of Delaware Avenue about a man causing a disturbance on the street shortly before 4 a.m. The officer encountered a man who was "behaving in a disorderly fashion" and who "failed to comply with officer's orders," and a struggle followed.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NJ officer, suspect wounded in shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter