Fla. cop shot in stomach released from hospital
Officer Saul Rodriguez was responding to a robbery when the suspect attacked him and shot him with his own gun
MIAMI — The Miami-Dade police officer who was shot during a violent confrontation with a man who was involved in a Walgreens robbery and shooting, is home from the hospital.
Officer Saul Rodriguez was released from the hospital over the weekend after being shot in the stomach by 27-year old Adrian Montesano, according to police.
Investigators said while Rodriguez was looking for witnesses to the gunshots, Montesano ran up and attacked him. The two struggled and Montesano shot Rodriguez in the abdomen with the officer’s own gun.
Montesano then took off in the officer’s patrol car with the officer’s gun, according to police.
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper