Colo. trooper shot, suspect killed
A state trooper was shot and a suspect was killed after the trooper stopped to help a motorist Thursday
By PoliceOne Staff
DOTSERO, Colo. — A state trooper was shot and a suspect was killed after the trooper stopped to help a motorist Thursday.
According to the Colorado Springs Gazette, the trooper had stopped his vehicle to assist a motorist on 1-70.
As the trooper appoached the driver-side window, the suspect opened fire, striking the officer, the Denver Channel reported. A second trooper returned fire and killed the suspect.
The trooper was transported to the hospital with heavy blood loss and has been released from surgery.
It is not clear why the suspect's vehicle was stopped, according to the report.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman