Okla. trooper, cadet shot during training exercise
The cadet and the trooper were at the Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office shooting range when the incident occured
OKLAHOMA CITY — An Oklahoma Highway Patrol cadet and a trooper were shot Monday during a training exercise.
Both the cadet and trooper were taken to OU Medical Center in good condition, Lt. Betsy Randolph said.
The cadet and the trooper were at the Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office shooting range, 4001 N Air Depot Blvd., participating in a training exercise, Randolph said.
During the exercise, the cadet and the trooper were shot with one bullet through the leg and through the hand, Randolph said.
The investigation into the incident is in the early stages but both the cadet and trooper are expected to recover quickly, Randolph said.
Copyright 2014 The Oklahoman
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds