Sheriff's stickers come back to bite department
By Jason Kotowski
The Bakersfield Californian
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — A joke played by some Kern County Sheriff's officials several years ago may come back to bite them in court.
Thomas Philip says his civil rights were violated by deputies who used excessive force in his 2003 arrest. The trial began Wednesday in Fresno.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Sheriff's stickers come back to bite department
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms