Fla. man sues sheriff over K-9 bite
By Joel Marino
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — A Pompano Beach man bitten in the groin by a police dog after a Broward sheriff's deputy mistook him for a wanted rapist last year has sued the Sheriff's Office.
An attorney for Juarez DaSilva, 25, filed the suit Dec. 9, seeking an unspecified amount in damages.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. man sues sheriff over K-9 bite
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds