NYPD's use of TASERs down for 2008
By Rocco Parascandola
NEW YORK — New York City police officers have used Tasers far less often since September, when an emotionally disturbed man fell to his death after he was stunned with 5,000 volts of electricity during a dramatic confrontation in Bedford-Stuyvesant.
According to police statistics, Tasers have been used in New York City 269 times through Dec. 7. At that pace, the controversial device will have been used about 288 times this year, down from 315 for all of last year.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NYPD's use of TASERs down for 2008
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help