Gas-soaked jacket ignites after TASER application
By Rosalio Ahumada
MODESTO, Calif. — The jacket of a Ripon man burst into flames when an officer fired a Taser at him Saturday morning after the man, who was driving a stolen motorcycle, led officers in a two-mile pursuit in Modesto, police said.
Modesto police Sgt. Craig Plante said Rocky Snell, 31, was not injured. He said Snell did not complain of pain when he was examined by officers, and a nurse at the Stanislaus County Jail confirmed Snell was not injured.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper