Drawing gun on Calif. school crowd 'justified'
By Sean Garmire
EUREKA, Calif. — After reviewing initial reports about a Eureka police officer who drew his gun at a crowd of people at Eureka High School earlier this week, Eureka Police Chief Garr Nielsen said Thursday it appears the officer's actions were justified.
"I don't believe, at this point, he violated department policy," Nielsen said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Drawing gun on Calif. school crowd 'justified'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms