Drawing gun on Calif. school crowd 'justified'
By Sean Garmire
EUREKA, Calif. — After reviewing initial reports about a Eureka police officer who drew his gun at a crowd of people at Eureka High School earlier this week, Eureka Police Chief Garr Nielsen said Thursday it appears the officer's actions were justified.
"I don't believe, at this point, he violated department policy," Nielsen said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Drawing gun on Calif. school crowd 'justified'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman