Fla. cops shoot ex-firefighter after he shot sheriff's deputies
By Kieran Nicholson
PALM BEACH, Fla. — A former Golden volunteer firefighter was shot by police in Florida on Tuesday night after he fired a rifle at them, authorities said.
Dallas Adkins Jr., 59, who moved to Florida a couple of years ago after living and working in Golden for many years, was hit by gunfire from Palm Beach County sheriff's deputies, according to the Sun-Sentinel newspaper. He was in critical condition at a Florida hospital.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms