Hatchet-wielding man shot, killed at Ark. jail
MENA, Ark. — Authorities in Arkansas say sheriff's deputies shot and killed a man who walked into a jail wielding a hatchet and knives.
Officers say 23-year-old Christopher Allen Anderson entered the Polk County jail early Monday and demanded deputies begin releasing inmates.
Authorities say officers used a Taser on Anderson twice. Police say Anderson threw a hatchet at a police officer before deputies opened fire on him.
Arkansas State Police are investigating the shooting death. The sheriff's officers involved have been placed on administrative leave.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests