Denver police seek way to track use of force reports
By Christopher N. Osher
DENVER — The Denver Sheriff Department does not have an effective way of tracking use-of-force reports filed by deputies, a problem because it makes identifying trends and problem deputies difficult.
The issue is raised in the annual report from independent monitor Richard Rosenthal, which is scheduled for a City Council committee discussion Wednesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms