Denver police seek way to track use of force reports
By Christopher N. Osher
DENVER — The Denver Sheriff Department does not have an effective way of tracking use-of-force reports filed by deputies, a problem because it makes identifying trends and problem deputies difficult.
The issue is raised in the annual report from independent monitor Richard Rosenthal, which is scheduled for a City Council committee discussion Wednesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds