Minn. K-9 shot, gunman killed
By Mara H. Gottfried
St. Paul Pioneer Press
ST. PAUL, Minn. — St. Paul police shot and killed a 34-year-old man Monday after he reportedly fired shots in a Greater East Side alley. A police dog was shot in the head and wounded during the incident.
Officers were called at 6:12 p.m. about a man who had a handgun and was drinking in an alley behind the 1500 block of East Iowa Avenue, said Peter Panos, police spokesman. As officers responded, they got information at 6:14 p.m. that the man was firing the gun, Panos said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Minn. K-9 shot, gunman killed
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform