Police incident caught on dashcam causes mess for N.J. town
By Jan Hefler
GLOUCESTER COUNTY, N.J. — Three years ago, a police video captured a loud scuffle in the backseat of a cruiser between a handcuffed motorist and two Deptford officers.
Now, the Gloucester County township is mired in bills for lawyers' fees and settlements reached with police, who were cleared of wrongdoing, and the driver.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help