Minn. chief asks FBI to examine tape of arrest
By David Chanen and Rochelle Olson
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. — Minneapolis Police Chief Tim Dolan said today he will ask the FBI to investigate an incident in which a squad car video captured police punching and kicking a man as they tried to arrest him in February after a stop for speeding.
"The kicking is troubling to me," Dolan said after watching the video early today. "The public will want an investigation."
Jenkins was stopped by Minneapolis police at 3 a.m. Feb. 19 on Penn Avenue N. for allegedly going 15 miles per hour over the speed limit.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Minn. chief asks FBI to examine tape of arrest
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds