Agency will probe Ill. police shooting of suspect at day care center
CHICAGO — Cook County investigators and U.S. Justice Department mediators have headed to Rockford in a bid to restore public confidence after the recent fatal shooting of a 23-year-old man by two Rockford police officers.
In what could be a watershed moment for how the city handles such cases, the Cook County Public Integrity Task Force -- made up of Illinois State Police and Cook County state's attorney's office investigators -- is looking into the Aug. 24 death of Mark Anthony Barmore.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms