Pa. chief says cop who threw flashlight used excessive force
By Kara Murphy
ERIE, Penn. — Erie Police Chief Steve Franklin said an officer used excessive force when he threw a flashlight at a woman's vehicle and struck her.
Franklin said he has ordered that the officer be suspended as a disciplinary measure. But the officer has indicated he wants to discuss the issue with a lawyer and possibly fight the suspension, Franklin said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court