Pa. chief says cop who threw flashlight used excessive force
By Kara Murphy
ERIE, Penn. — Erie Police Chief Steve Franklin said an officer used excessive force when he threw a flashlight at a woman's vehicle and struck her.
Franklin said he has ordered that the officer be suspended as a disciplinary measure. But the officer has indicated he wants to discuss the issue with a lawyer and possibly fight the suspension, Franklin said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy