San Diego officers justified in killing rampage suspect
SAN DIEGO — The San Diego County district attorney has ruled that three police officers were justified in the fatal shooting of a Metropolitan Transit System mechanic who had just shot two of his co-workers.
District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis says in a letter released Tuesday that San Diego Officers Kelly Copeland, Jared Wilson and Kelly Besker acted in defense of themselves and one another.
The officers shot 47-year-old Lonnie Glasco on March 24 after he fatally shot two of his colleagues at the end of his shift.
The officers found Glasco in a parking lot. All three fired when he ignored orders to drop his gun and pointed it at them, authorities said.
Read more: Officers cleared in fatal MTS shooting
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds