Officers fatally shoot Texas man carrying knife, bat
Officers gave him numerous verbal commands to drop the weapons before opening fire
El Paso Times
LAS CRUCES, Texas — Anthony Medrano, 22, of Las Cruces, was identified Monday by Las Cruces police as the man who was shot and killed Sunday by police at his residence.
Medrano died around 4:30 p.m. Sunday after officers gave him numerous verbal commands to drop a knife and a bat he was allegedly carrying, according to police. Officers went to Medrano's house, in the 3000 block of Petunia Lane, to investigate a report of a domestic disturbance.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court