Officers fatally shoot Texas man carrying knife, bat
Officers gave him numerous verbal commands to drop the weapons before opening fire
El Paso Times
LAS CRUCES, Texas — Anthony Medrano, 22, of Las Cruces, was identified Monday by Las Cruces police as the man who was shot and killed Sunday by police at his residence.
Medrano died around 4:30 p.m. Sunday after officers gave him numerous verbal commands to drop a knife and a bat he was allegedly carrying, according to police. Officers went to Medrano's house, in the 3000 block of Petunia Lane, to investigate a report of a domestic disturbance.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds