Calif. DA won't charge cops in taped beating
The controversial case involved a student struck with a baton and TASER
San Jose Mercury News
SAN JOSE, Calif. — The Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office has decided not to indict two San Jose police officers whose secretly taped a violent arrest of an unarmed Vietnamese college student last year, sources said.
The widely anticipated decision comes about a week after all criminal charges were dropped against 21-year-old Phuong Ho, who was struck repeatedly with a metal baton and stunned with a TASER.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. DA won't charge cops in taped beating
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds