Fla. sheriff settles TASER lawsuit for $95K
The suspect was shocked by a TASER after being handcuffed in a jail cell
By Aisling Swift
Naples Daily News
NAPLES, Fla. — A 48-year-old North Naples man TASERed while handcuffed in a jail cell after an unlawful arrest in 2005 settled his federal lawsuit against Collier County Sheriff Kevin Rambosk and four deputies for $95,000.
The settlement came a day after the agency's attorney agreed to a $50,000 settlement in another TASER case involving a teen who died, which deputies blamed on a drug overdose.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. sheriff settles TASER lawsuit for $95K
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house