Md. officials probe missing use-of-force video
The video shows three officers in riot gear beating a student
COLLEGE PARK, Md. — University of Maryland officials are asking for an investigation of why surveillance video footage went missing and wasn't turned over to lawyers for a student who was beaten by Prince George's County Police.
School officials asked Maryland State Police to investigate Tuesday.
Another video of the March 3 incident was filmed by a student, showing three officers in riot gear beating a student.
Attorneys for two students involved subpoenaed footage from university cameras. But video the campus Department of Public Safety turned over was missing about 90 minutes of footage covering the time of the beating. A university statement says about 87 minutes of the video, which included footage of the beating, has been recovered and will be turned over to the attorneys.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy