Defense lawyer posts police shooting video
Police say the snippets, put on a website by the suspect's defense team, could taint a jury pool
By David Hench
Portland Press Herald
PORTLAND, Maine — Attorneys for Jonathan Mitchell have turned to the Internet to make their case that Portland police had no reason to shoot and wound Mitchell one night last April.
Portlandpolicebrutality.com, a website created by Mitchell's family and legal team, includes videos taken by police cruiser cameras the night of the shooting.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Defense lawyer posts police shooting video
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic