Firing process begun for Omaha cops in arrest video
Cops involved in the arrest have a hearing scheduled early next week
By PoliceOne Staff
OMAHA, Neb. — An assistant city attorney confirmed that two officers involved in an arrest caught on video have a hearing scheduled early next week.
Omaha’s police chief is taking action to fire the officers, who in the video appear to kick Robert Wagner as they arrested him in May.
The officers, whose names have not been released, have a hearing scheduled early next week, KMTV reported. They are currently on paid leave.
Wagner was arrested after reportedly causing a disturbance at a hospital and refusing to leave, police said. An officer was punched in the head as he tried to handcuff Wagner, according to authorities.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman