APD officers in kicking video fired
Former APD boss: Cops saved suspect's life by not shooting him
By Jeff Proctor
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Two Albuquerque police officers initially cleared in the beating of a suspect who had been taken to the ground were fired on Wednesday after the case was reviewed a second time on orders of Chief Ray Schultz.
The video of the February incident, which was released to the Journal late Tuesday in response to a public records request and posted on ABQjournal.com, went national. It shows the suspect being kicked more than a dozen times, a number of them in the head, and the two officers belly bumping afterward.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: APD officers in kicking video fired
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds