NY newspaper study: use of force is consistent
Schenectady police reports analyzed by reporters, found to be stable
By Steven Cook
The Daily Gazette
SCHENECTADY, N.Y. — When a fleeing Charles Walton's escape was blocked by a police cruiser, he tried to jump the car, landed on the windshield and rolled to the other side.
It was late afternoon on Sept. 26, 2011, and Walton, 19, was soon involved in a struggle with two officers, which ended when he was stunned by a Taser.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NY newspaper study: use of force is consistent
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help