NY newspaper study: use of force is consistent
Schenectady police reports analyzed by reporters, found to be stable
By Steven Cook
The Daily Gazette
SCHENECTADY, N.Y. — When a fleeing Charles Walton's escape was blocked by a police cruiser, he tried to jump the car, landed on the windshield and rolled to the other side.
It was late afternoon on Sept. 26, 2011, and Walton, 19, was soon involved in a struggle with two officers, which ended when he was stunned by a Taser.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NY newspaper study: use of force is consistent
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman