Police fatally shoot Calif. man who pulled metallic wallet
Man ran toward an officer after a brief high-speed vehicle and foot pursuit
By Rachel Raskin-Zrihen
VALLEJO, Calif. — A 42-year-old Vallejo man was shot and killed by police early Monday after allegedly running toward an officer with what turned out to be his black metal wallet, Vallejo Police Department spokesmen said.
Lt. Ken Weaver said Anton Barrett, Sr. was shot several times by a veteran police officer, and died a few hours later at John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek. The shooting occurred after a brief high-speed vehicle and foot pursuit.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman