'Sleeper hold' tactic questioned in death of Calif. man
Baton strikes and TASER were ineffective in the violent encounter with a schizophrenic individual
By J.D. Velasco and Brian Day
San Gabriel Valley Tribune
EL MONTE, Calif. — During their encounter with schizophrenic El Monte resident Khoa Le last week, police used a controversial neck hold known as the carotid restraint, as well as other suppression tactics.
A short time later, Le was dead.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman