Suspect killed after police pursuit in Ga.
The suspect pointed a firearm at the officers, who fatally shot him
By Arielle Kass
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
COBB COUNTY, Ga. — A police chase that ended in the death of an armed robbery suspect on Interstate 75 south led police to shut down the highway for almost six hours Sunday.
The suspect, who was not named by police, allegedly robbed a Marathon station on Bells Ferry Road at Victoria Road in Woodstock. According to a statement from Lt. Jay Baker with the Cherokee sheriff's office, the suspect in the armed robbery and his vehicle matched the description in another armed robbery in Cobb County earlier Sunday morning.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Suspect killed after police pursuit in Ga.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman