Police: Man shot by Ga. officer had BB gun
The officer tried for two minutes to talk the man into dropping the gun
By David Ibata
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. — Gwinnett County police said Thursday that Victor Charles Le, a 20-year-old man shot and killed by an officer after allegedly pointing a gun at police outside his family's home, was armed with a BB gun.
The incident happened shortly before midnight in the 3800 block of Southgate Circle in Lilburn, according to Gwinnett police Cpl. Jake Smith.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Police: Man shot by Ga. officer had BB gun
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house