NY suspect fatally shot during traffic stop
A detective fired a single shot that hit the driver, who was reportedly unarmed
By J. David Goodman
The New York Times Blogs
QUEENS, N.Y. — A police officer fatally shot an unarmed 22-year-old man early Thursday morning during a traffic stop on the side of a highway in Queens, the police said.
The shooting occurred at 5:15 a.m. on the Grand Central Parkway near La Guardia Airport after police pulled over the driver, who had been driving erratically and twice cut between two police vehicles from the Emergency Services Unit, the police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NY suspect fatally shot during traffic stop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house