Man resists arrest, throws spider at officer
Suspect was stunned several times with TASER before he would cooperate
By PoliceOne Staff
PITTSTON, Pa. — A man threw a spider at an officer who was investigating a disturbance Thursday.
Joesph R Thomas, 50, was banging on a house door when he was confronted by the Pittston officer.
Thomas yelled a racial slur, spat in the officer’s face and threw a spider at him, according to Timesleader.com.
He was arraigned on four counts each of aggravated assault and disorderly conduct, three counts of resisting arrest, and two counts of terroristic threats and criminal trespass.
Police said Thomas resisted arrest and had to be stunned several times by a TASER. Several officers were needed to handcuff Thomas.
- Bizarre Beat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house