Bloody photo of George Zimmerman released
Zimmerman was photographed by police with blood on his nose, lips, and the back of his head on the night of the incident
By PoliceOne Staff
SANFORD — A photo was released Monday taken the night George Zimmerman gunned down Trayvon Martin that shows blood running down Zimmerman's face.
Zimmerman, who was charged with the second-degree murder of Trayvon Martin, was photographed by police with blood on his nose, lips, and the back of his head on the night of the incident, according to CNN.
The color photo was released on Zimmerman’s defense team's website. A black and white version of the photo was released previously by the state.
Zimmerman argues that he shot Martin in self-defense, after a confrontation turned physical.
The Feb. 28 incident has brought about gun control and race issues, as well debate over the “stand your ground” law, which allows the use of deadly force in self-defense when there is reasonable belief of an unlawful threat.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'