Philly commish wants DOJ to examine use of force
Says there have been too many incidents, wants to ensure transparency to city's residents
By Sandy Bauers
The Philadephia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles H. Ramsey has called for an independent U.S. Justice Department investigation into the use of deadly force by the department's officers.
"When you have as many as we've had, it gets people wondering if they were all justified," Ramsey said. "We've been looking at this issue since December. The Civil Rights Division of the DOJ knows and agrees this is a good course of action."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Philly commish wants DOJ to examine use of force
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman